Parent and Guardian Letters:
13.05.2020 Carers trust emergency fund May 2020
13.05.2020 Supporting Children during self-isolation
14.04.2020 Free school meals – a new regime 27/04/2020
14.04.2020 Using Google Classroom
19.03.2020 COVID-19 - SUPPORTING KEY WORKERS
18.03.2020 COVID-19 - School Closure to KS3 pupils
17.03.2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Welcome to Ysgol David Hughes...
Ysgol David Hughes serves the catchment area of south-east Anglesey, a mainly agricultural area with some light industry which is characteristic of the area.
This is a bilingual comprehensive school with approximately 1066 pupils aged between 11-18 and approximately 75 teachers and 51 support staff.
We aim to provide our pupils with a broad education which includes elements of communication, literacy, numeracy, science, humanities, expressive arts, practical skills and technology. Many subjects use aspects of information technology and we have made considerable investments in this field over recent years.
The school also has a modern sports centre with a dance hall, fitness room and large sports hall. The centre is open to the public on evenings and weekends.
Pupils have the opportunity to contribute to decision-making by means of the Year Councils and the School Council
Parents Evening System
Book Parents' Evening - click here
Gwynedd and Anglesey ALN and I Website - click here
Tweets by @DavidHughesYDH
Monday 20.04.2020 → Friday 22.05.2020: Home Education Period
Monday 25.05.2020 - Friday 29.05.2020: Whitsun Half Term Holidays
Monday 01.06.2020 → Home Education Period re-commences
Important Information for Parents
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - click here
- Application for a Place in the Sixth Form at Ysgol David Hughes - click here (word document)
- Eisteddfod YDH 2020 Gwaith Cartref Home work - click here
- Year 9 options for September 2020 - click here
- KS4 2020-2021 - click here
- Year 10 Examination Time Table – March 2nd-6th, 2020 - click here
- KS5 Columns 2019 - 2020 - click here
- Ysgol David Hughes Privacy Notice (GDPR) - click here
- ALN Information Sessions - click here
- Guidance on Infection Control in North Wales - click here
- KS4 2019-2020 - click here
>>> read more
School Holidays and INSET 2019 - 2020
Click here for more information
For 1 September 2020: