Welcome to Ysgol David Hughes...
Ysgol David Hughes serves the catchment area of south-east Anglesey, a mainly agricultural area with some light industry which is characteristic of the area.
This is a bilingual comprehensive school with approximately 1105 pupils aged between 11-18 and approximately 81 teachers and 42 support staff.
We aim to provide our pupils with a broad education which includes elements of communication, literacy, numeracy, science, humanities, expressive arts, practical skills and technology. Many subjects use aspects of information technology and we have made considerable investments in this field over recent years.
The school also has a modern sports centre with a dance hall, fitness room and large sports hall. The centre is open to the public on evenings and weekends.
Pupils have the opportunity to contribute to decision-making by means of the Year Councils and the School Council
Book Parents' Evening - click here
Gwynedd and Anglesey Additional Learning Needs and Inclusion Website - click here
Show my Homework
Tweets by @DavidHughesYDH
Tuesday, 22nd of January 2019 - 3.40pm - 6.00pm - Year 11 Parents' Evening
Wednesday, 30th of January 2019 - 6.00pm - Year 9 Options Meeting
Important Information for Parents
- ALN Information Sessions - click here
- Guidance on Infection Control in North Wales - click here
- Reading and Numeracy Tests in Wales 2018, information for parents and carers of children in year 2 to 9 - click here
- National Reading and Numeracy Tests 2018 - timetable - click here
- KS5 Columns 2018 - 2019 - click here
- Year 12 Handbook for September 2018 - click here
- KS4 2018-2019 - click here
- Year 9 Options for September 2018 - click here
- Interpreting National Reading and Numeracy test results – animated guide for parents/carers - click here
- Ysgol David Hughes 6th Form Application Form - click here
- Sixth Form Open Evening - click here
>>> read more
School Holidays and HMS 2018 - 2019
Click here for more information
Job Vacancy: For 1 September 2019: